FREE SUBSCRIPTION Includes: The Advisor Daily eBlast + Exclusive Content + Professional Network Membership: JOIN NOW LOGIN
Skip Navigation LinksHome / News / Read News


Ritchie Bros. Keeps Rolling with $41MM+ Rocky Mountain Regional Event

October 14, 2021, 07:10 AM
Filed Under: Auction News

Ritchie Bros. regional online auctions keep rolling, with its latest Rocky Mountain event attracting more than 11,200 online bidders from 62 countries to compete for some 2,900 items, generating over $41 million in gross transaction value.

Equipment in the auction was stored at Ritchie Bros.' locations in Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; and its new local yard in Williston, ND. Approximately 93 percent of the assets in the auction were sold to U.S. buyers, while the remaining 7 percent was sold to international buyers from as far away as Honduras, India, and the Netherlands. Leading up to the auction, Ritchie Bros. saw a 96 percent increase in the number of online equipment views and a 48 percent increase in watchlist adds in comparison to the previous Rocky Mountain event held in August.

“Our regional auctions continue to attract unprecedented demand, driving great returns for consignors,” said Chad Apland, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. “These regional events create a lot of hype in the market—sellers want to be a part of something big and buyers love the increased selection. As a result, we once again saw strong pricing across every asset category in our Rocky Mountain auction, with transportation equipment pricing hitting record levels.”

Comments From Our Members

You must be an Equipment Finance Advisor member to post comments. Login or Join Now.