FREE SUBSCRIPTION Includes: The Advisor Daily eBlast + Exclusive Content + Professional Network Membership: JOIN NOW LOGIN
Skip Navigation LinksHome / News / Read News


Ritchie Bros. Sells 13,000 items for $114MM in Houston and Edmonton Auctions

June 28, 2022, 06:30 AM
Filed Under: Auction News

Ritchie Bros. last week conducted 24 online auctions across the globe, selling more than 34,000 equipment items over six days. The two largest of these events took place in Alberta and Texas, where Ritchie Bros. sold a combined $114 million of equipment online for approximately 1,800 consignors.

The Houston, TX auction on June 21-23 attracted more than 10,000 online bidders for the over 5,900 items consigned, with buyers from Texas purchasing approximately 48 percent of the equipment.

"Our Houston yard was very busy leading up to the auction with customers inspecting, testing and comparing items prior to bidding online," said Chuck Roberson, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "As expected, we continue to drive strong pricing for late-model, low-hour equipment and trucks, resulting in a lot of happy consignors."

Approximately 700 companies sold equipment in the three-day Houston auction, including a complete dispersal for MDS Boring & Drilling Inc.

On June 22-24, Ritchie Bros. sold approximately 7,000 items from its Edmonton, AB auction site and attracted more than 12,300 online bidders from 43 countries. Approximately 60 percent of the equipment in the over $51 million auction was sold to Alberta buyers, while the remaining 40 percent was sold to buyers from as far away Australia, Belize and Morocco.

"Our June Edmonton auction is a quick turnaround from our May event, as we empty and refill the yard in just six weeks," said Andrew Lutic, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "Our operations team has done an absolutely amazing job coordinating the event, while our auctioneers dug for every last dollar, resulting in strong pricing for dozers, excavators, articulated dump trucks, and most other equipment categories."

Comments From Our Members

You must be an Equipment Finance Advisor member to post comments. Login or Join Now.